Central Virginia Group School is providing tuition-free faculty to eligible college students via the state’s G3 grant program.
G3 — or “Get Expert, Get a Job, Get Forward” — helps low- and middle-income college students who’re pursuing their training in choose applications that feed 5 high-need profession areas: healthcare; data know-how; manufacturing and expert trades; early childhood training; and public security.
“It goes virtually with out saying that G3 and the CTE Academy are huge offers,” CVCC President John Capps stated Wednesday. “They’ll decide the way forward for CVCC and our neighborhood.”
Virginia residents who qualify for in-state tuition and whose household earnings falls beneath an recognized threshold could also be eligible.
In keeping with CVCC’s web site, to be eligible, college students should:
- Be eligible for Virginia in-state tuition.
- Obtain a complete family earnings lower than or equal to 4 hundred p.c of the Federal Poverty Stage. That is roughly an earnings of $100,000 for a household of 4.
- Be enrolled or accepted for enrollment at a Virginia public neighborhood faculty and in an recognized program.
- Be enrolled in a minimal of six credit score hours per semester.
- Have utilized for federal and state monetary support applications for which they might be eligible.