MINNEAPOLIS–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Avtex, a TTEC Digital firm, introduced right now the outcomes of their 2021 Omnichannel Healthcare Experience Report, a nationwide survey gauging affected person preferences for receiving healthcare, speaking with payers and suppliers, and leveraging digital channels, indicating important modifications in affected person wants and well being care utilization post-COVID. The net-based survey of 1,025 U.S. sufferers, carried out by Avtex and fielded by Qualtrics panels, reveals key findings on psychological well being, supply fashions, communication channels, and affected person personas.
The purpose of the analysis for the Omnichannel Healthcare Expertise Report was to know how current occasions – the pandemic, entry of retail incumbents into the healthcare market, and elevated regulation round interoperability and worth transparency – influenced affected person preferences.
Probably the most important discovering is the speedy improve and desire for digital experience-delivery channels, even throughout a time when partaking older generations, who most well-liked conventional channels, was crucial.
“Reaching throughout generations, particularly throughout pressing durations of notifying sufferers of COVID procedures and managing vaccine deployment, considerably sophisticated the affected person communications equation,” stated Mike Pietig, Vice President of Healthcare Expertise at Avtex. “The pandemic was the catalyst driving an elevated give attention to affected person expertise and digital transformation. The panorama we’re at the moment navigating is unfamiliar, and it’s by no means going again to the way in which it was earlier than – that is Healthcare 3.0. Suppliers and payers can’t ignore these findings in the event that they wish to retain and appeal to sufferers shifting ahead.”
The analysis additionally helps healthcare leaders:
- Perceive which communication channels sufferers want for various duties and kinds of care
- Guage most well-liked settings for care
- Discover innovation developments for at-home and digital care
- Perceive sufferers’ best ache factors with their present healthcare experiences
Key findings of the analysis embody:
- To efficiently discover, join, and interact sufferers, an omnichannel strategy that includes a strategic mixture of conventional and digital channels is critical. Bots, chats, textual content, e mail, in-person and different communications now serve distinctive functions and have to be mixed to work successfully collectively to fulfill particular wants and preferences alongside the affected person journey. It’s paramount that suppliers and payers have a plan for each channel to simplify service and meet altering affected person wants and expectations.
- COVID was the catalyst for an acceleration of investments in new strategies of care supply together with cellphone, video, and at-home care. These strategies will proceed to have a spot in fashionable healthcare lengthy after the pandemic. Respondents’ most typical healthcare setting was a supplier’s workplace but 38 % utilized telehealth up to now 18 months, which elevated their desire for this supply mannequin. Now, 51 % of millennials, for instance, place telehealth of their prime three strategies of care.
- Ease of use was famous as a barrier to communication. Customers need simpler healthcare experiences; 71 % stated they need their experiences with healthcare suppliers to be as simple as their model interactions in different industries. Compounding the difficulty, 68 % of respondents stated their healthcare suppliers should enhance how they work together with sufferers.
The Avtex Omnichannel Healthcare Expertise Report is a framework for navigating evolving healthcare enterprise fashions within the expertise economic system, accelerating monetary restoration, and adapting to altering expectations within the post-pandemic period. It may be accessed right here.
The report is the second physique of analysis by Avtex, following the company’s Patient Sentiment Report, issued in August 2020, which measured sufferers’ emotions about consuming care and interacting with suppliers and payers within the face of COVID.
Avtex, a TTEC Digital firm, is a full-service Buyer Expertise (CX) consulting and resolution supplier centered on serving to organizations construct significant connections with their clients, members and constituents. Avtex gives a variety of options to assist CX transformation planning and orchestration of experiences for purchasers. Avtex has places of work throughout the U.S., with headquarters in Minneapolis. Avtex is acknowledged as a gold companion of each Microsoft and Genesys, leveraging their world class platforms as the inspiration for buyer engagements and digital transformation. Go to www.avtex.com for extra data.